- 1 bundle Chinese long bean (sitaw)
- 1lb chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 2-3 bay leaves
- Prepare Marinade: In a large bowl, pour 1/2 cup soy sauce, 2/3 cup vinegar, and 2/3 cup water. Mix.
- In a large pot, combine ingredients then set heat to low. Add oil then 2-3 smashed garlic cloves. When the oil is hot, add chicken, stir often for 3 minutes.
- Add half of the marinade and spices to the pot. Add 1tsp peppercorn and 2-3 bay leaves.
- Bring to boil. Once boiling, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Prepare sitaw (long bean). Cut off ends of the sitaw, then cut into 2 inch pieces.
- In a separate pan, add oil. Once oil is hot, add sitaw. Saute for 5 minutes on medium.
- Add other half of the marinade to beans. Saute on medium until beans become dark green/brown.
- After chicken is finished, combine sitaw and chicken. Serve over rice.