Spicy Moringa Pesto Pasta
PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
3 cups fresh basil
4 Tbsp dry moringa leaves
¼ cup chopped parsley
4 garlic cloves
½ cup olive oil
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
½ cup parmesan cheese
½ cup pine nuts
½ cup grape tomatoes
salt and pepper, to taste
whole wheat pasta
- In a food processor or blender, mix together the basil, parsley, nuts, garlic, and cheese.
- Pour the oil in slowly while still mixing then add the salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and moringa leaves.
- Scrape down the sides and pulse once more. Then place pesto in a sealed container.
- Cook pasta as directed, then drain.
- Add the moringa pesto to pasta noodles.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half and add to the pasta before serving.
Recipe created by:
Fresno State Dietetics Intern with the UC CalFresh Nutrition Education Program