Uchucuta Sauce with Moringa
MAKES: 1 ½ cups
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
1 cup flat leaf parsley
2 cups cilantro
1 cup mint
¼ cup fresh oregano
2 Tbsp fresh tarragon
2 – 3 Tbsp lime juice
2 – 4 Tbsp dried moringa leaves
¼ hot chili
¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp peanut butter
½ tsp salt or to taste
- Wash all the fresh herbs by submerging in a bowl of water.
- Lift out of the water and leave some wetness still clinging to the leaves.
- In a blender or food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, mint, oregano, tarragon, lime juice, moringa, chili, and feta.
- Add 4 Tbsp water to the blender.
- Blend, scraping down the sides of the blender with a spatula as needed.
- Once smooth, add peanut butter and salt and blend again.
- Season to taste.
Recipe created by:
Gail Feenstra, UC SAREP
Adapted from Madhur Jaffrey's recipe featured in New York Times Cooking