Chimichurri Sauce with Moringa
MAKES: 1 cup
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
1 cup Italian flat leaf parsley
6 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
¼ cup yellow onion, minced
1 tsp Kosher salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1-2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
3 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves
1 tsp moringa powder
2/3 cup olive oil
- Put all the ingredients EXCEPT the olive oil in a food processor or blender.
- Blend, scraping down the sides as needed, until chopped but not completely smooth.
- Add olive oil to the food processor and continue blending until oil is incorporated. Retain some texture; DO NOT blend until completely smooth.
- Add additional red pepper, salt or red wine to taste.
- Serve as a sauce or marinade.
Recipe created by:
Gail Feenstra, UC SAREP
Adapted from recipes by Georgeanne Brennan and Ann Evans for the Yolo Farm to School Specialty Crop Block grant